Have you ever seen a demonstration, where a hacker opened a garage door or triggered a wireless doorbell from distance? The Universal Radio Hacker (URH) could be a good choice for such a scenario. However, you can also do more productive things, like connecting incompatible devices to your computer or smart home.
Note: In case, that you need to set up rtl-sdr or you get an error, make sure that you check my previous tutorials in the RTL-SDR series in order to have the same starting point.
1. Install the required packages for URH:
sudo apt-get install python3-numpy python3-psutil python3-zmq python3-pyqt5 g++ libpython3-dev python3-pip cython3
2. Install the setup-tools in case you don^t have them already:
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
3. Then, you can install URH with PIP:
sudo pip3 install urh
4. To run the program, you can open a terminal on the desktop and type:
Make sure the RTL-SDR is selected in the options.
5. Have fun, I will document my experiences in future. You can also find a series of tutorials on YouTube.